Frequently Asked Questions?
Q. What sets you apart from other photographers?
A. This is one of the most frequently asked questions. Here are a few things to consider:
- We provide you with photographs that represent the experience that you had on the day of your wedding.
- It’s your story, and our photographs will capture it just as it occurs.
- The way we approach weddings is consistent and reliable. We get it right.
- We know that special moments only occur once, and we have the experience and knowledge to be there when they happen.
- Ansel Adams, one of the most famous photographers to have ever lived, stated that “a good photograph is knowing where to stand”. We know where. We also know when.
- We are efficient, allowing you to quickly get to the reception to enjoy the day with family and friends.
- We have a workflow that allows us to organize and pose groups with minimal intrusion
Q. Can you provide references?
A. We are proud of what we do. With more than 2000 weddings under our belt, we can offer many references from which to choose. It could even be someone you know, so feel free to ask.
Q. Do you shoot alone?
A. An experienced photographer can almost always work alone. We do, however, occasionally use a second photographer if we (or you) feel it’s needed. Weddings of more than 200 guests, for instance, might benefit from a second photographer.
Q. What happens if you’re sick? Do you have a backup?
A. We’ve been very fortunate, having never missed a wedding due to illness. We would have to be severely ill to miss a wedding, but we do have access to qualified wedding photographers if that were to occur.
Q. What about formal photo’s of family and the bridal party?
A. Family and bridal party photo’s are typically captured immediately after the ceremony. Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to capture some of the formals before the ceremony. As mentioned above, we do this efficiently.
Q. Do you have sample prints that we can see?
A. We want you to see our work, and we will gladly make arrangements to let you browse through samples at your home, our office, or anywhere in between. Appointments can be made as late as 8:00 PM.
Q. How do your prices stack up against the competition?
A. We treat our clients fairly while providing superior products and services. We work with a wide variety of clients, so tell us what you want, and we will give you a straightforward price.
Q. Do you require a deposit?
A. We require a $200 retainer to book a wedding date. Retainer’s are not refundable. The balance is due no later than the day of your wedding.
Q. What should we wear for our engagement session?
A. The objective is to take pictures of you, not your clothes. With this in mind, we suggest keeping it simple by selecting solid colors that are neither loud nor outlandish. Earth tones work well, as does burgundy. Many couples wear jeans. In the end, this is YOUR session, and you should dress in whatever makes you comfortable.
Q. Why are your Bridal and Engagement sessions normally shot outdoors?
A. The greater New Orleans area offers a wide variety of stunning backdrops. Unlike a studio, any outdoor location will have a unique look if shot at different times or by different photographers. Sunsets at the lakefront and oak trees covered in moss make for fantastic backgrounds.